Introduce Yourself - Tech

Take a moment to post here and briefly tell us a bit about yourself - what you like to work on and what you’d like to achieve.

1 Like

I’m Kieran Martin. Software developer for thirty years and climate change communicator/activist for 4.

I create keaforum because I’m encouraged by the Discourse promise of Civilised Discussion. I’d love to see more people using better tools to collaborate online.

Over the last 4 years I’ve created articles, videos, recorded interviews and animations to share the things I’ve been learning. You can find much of this stuff by going to https://imaginemyrelief.blog

Over this time I’ve made contact with hundreds of people who are working hard on creating a better future. I’d like to help people find and share the best of their work.

I see this corner of keaforum as a place where a team with similar aims can work on the same thing.

1 Like

Hi all! My name is Gaby.

I am a Software developer, and I have worked on the IT industry for 8 years. I studied film-making at University but I didn’t pursue that career because of toxic people. I was always interested in conservation and the environment just as something I considered obvious: we live in this planet, we have to take care of it. I even tried studying Conservation after I left film but I got really angry at the teacher when they tried to make us learn Windows 95 on “introduction to computers” in the first year, and I had to leave :sweat_smile: You could say I was destined to IT.

I don’t have a lot of contacts in the activism world here except for @kieran_admin, but I am happy to work and meet new people.

I want to contribute to real climate action somehow, and I would like to explore ways with you.

1 Like